Estimated reading time: 1 minute
In this article we will present the types and areas of translation:
Types of translation:
- Simple translations: Do not require the signature and stamp of the translator, nor notary acknowledgement as these are not official documents. They can be submitted electronically or printed according to customer requirements.
- Certified translations: Have the signature and stamp of an authorized translator by the Ministry of Justice in Romania.
- Legalized translations: Are actually certified translations, the translator’s signature is authenticated by a public notary. The legalization fee is not included in the translation fee, but is charged separately by the notary.
Areas of translation:
- Personal documents: birth certificates, marriage certificates, identity cards, home and citizenship certificates, criminal records, driving licenses, employment record books
- Diplomas and study documents: high school diplomas, bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees, post-secondary school graduation certificates, certificates and attestations of professional competence, academic transcripts, curriculum plan, analytical programs
- Legal area: judgements, powers of attorney, notary statements, divorce sentences, parental consent statements, land acts, government statements, decrees, articles of incorporation, contracts, company statutes, protocols, etc.
- Economic field:
–Banking translations: bank account statements, credit conditions, insurances, bank audit reports
–Commercial translations: certificates of origin of the goods, confirmation of company details, registration certificates, sale and purchase agreements, lease contracts, association contracts, articles of incorporation, additional documents
–Accounting translations: reports, balance sheets, audit reports, invoices, receipts, payment orders
–Financial translations: financing dossiers, auctions, leasing, declarations of assets
- Medical area: certificates, hospital admission files, patient files, clinical reports and studies, medical analysis, drug prospectuses, medical device manuals
- Tourism area: guides and tourist packages
- Human Resources area: resumes, questionnaires
If you want to find out more about translation, check out our article on this topic: 9 interesting facts about translation.
[Photo from Unsplash]