Estimated reading time: 1 minute
In this article we will present 5 interesting facts about Romanian language that you probably did not know:
1. Few know that Romanian is a Romance language, similar to French, Spanish, Italian, and Portuguese; however, due to the geographical position of the country in Eastern Europe, people believe that Romanian is part of the Slavic language family. With words from ancient glory and other words from Bulgarian, German and Turkish, Romanian is a unique Romance language.
2. The Romanian language is not the official language only in Romania, but also in the Republic of Moldova.
3. If you are familiar with other Romance languages, you can quickly learn Romanian because they share some words.
4. In fact, after learning the vocabulary, the Romanian language is easy to read or speak. With a phonetic language, all words are pronounced exactly as they are written.
5. When you learn Romanian, you may have difficulties with grammar. However, contrary to the other Latin languages, the Romanian language has preserved the morphological differentiation of the Latin cases: nominative, genitive, and vocative.
If you want to find out how to translate into and from Romanian, check out our article on this topic: Romanian translations.
[Photo from freeimages.com]