Estimated reading time: 1 minute
Here are some interesting facts about Romanian that will surprise and help you when translating into and from Romanian:
1. Romanian is a Romance language.
2. You can understand Romanian if you have studied other Romance languages.
3. It is the only Romance language that predominated in Eastern Europe.
4. Romanian is spoken both in Romania and in the Republic of Moldova.
5. Romanian is over 1,700 years old.
6. Romanian is a phonetic language, meaning all words are pronounced exactly as they are written.
7. There are five special letters in Romanian called ″diacritics″.
8. Romanian is a Romance language with interesting grammar: Macedonian, Bulgarian, Albanian, and Serbian influences.
9. Romanian has four dialects: Daco-Romanian, Aromanian, Megleno-Romanian, and Istro-Romanian.
If you want to find out more about the Romanian language, check out our article on this topic: 5 interesting facts about Romanian language.
[Photo from Pixabay]